Our trained teachers are dedicated to providing quality education to all the students of our school. We rejoice in the opportunity God has provided to us to grow our family and His through our participation in the Racine Parental Choice program since 2012. Together our administrator, faculty and support staff is eager to respond to God’s mission. Take a look at the staff in Concordia Lutheran School in Sturtevant, WI.
- Rev. Jeffrey E. Mortenson, Pastor (Faith Lutheran Church)
Greetings! God’s richest blessings to each of you! For 21 years I have been privileged to be the pastor of Faith Lutheran Church here in Sturtevant, Wisconsin. During some of that time, I have been blessed to be the chairman of the Concordia School Board. I am thankful that the Lord has used me in some small ways to advance this outstanding ministry.
The Lord began preparing me for this position through my undergraduate work at Concordia Teacher’s College in River Forest, Illinois (now Concordia, Chicago). There I earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. After completing my masters of divinity degree at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, my first call into the pastoral ministry was to a dual parish assignment in Appleton City and Creighton, Missouri. Certainly, I was able to put my education degree to work in my preaching and teaching in Missouri for those first 11 years. However, when I got the call to be the pastor at Faith in Sturtevant, which actually supported their own grade school, I knew that God was leading me into an exciting ministry that would put to better use my undergraduate studies.
To be trusted to supply the spiritual and secular knowledge and education for so many wonderful young people is a privilege that no one on the staff of Concordia takes lightly. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you.
- Rev. Jesse Gullion Pastor (Holy Cross Lutheran Church)Information coming soon!
- Mrs. Jeannine Klein, Principal
Concordia Lutheran School exists for the purpose of "Bringing Christ and academic excellence to our students for life and forever." The school celebrated 47 years serving the community and our Lord in 2017 and He continues to bless this mission. I have had the privilege of being part of the ministry at Concordia since 1986, coming as a graduate of Concordia, Mequon to teach second grade initially.
My interest in pursuing a career in the teaching ministry was encouraged and developed by outstanding educators I encountered in my experience in a Lutheran elementary school. Later, a desire to pursue administrative coursework was furthered by family, friends, colleagues, and the work of the Holy Spirit. In 2002, I completed the School Leadership Development Project, receiving certification for principalship in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. In 2004, I accepted the position of principal and at that time also served as part-time third grade teacher.
I have the privilege of working with a very talented, caring group of servants who are committed to bringing students into a closer relationship with their Lord and each other. At Concordia, the students, teachers, and parents alike work together as a team, both in and out of the classroom. The sense of family and dedicated service that I have found, and which anchors me at Concordia, is one that encourages a love for learning and life-long service. It is my prayer that just as my life was touched by educators committed to preparing God's people, that I, too, along with the staff at Concordia might inspire our students to service in His kingdom.
Teaching Information: Concordia Lutheran School extended a Call to me to serve as the second grade teacher in 1986, as a graduate of Concordia University Wisconsin. The Lord led me there and this Concordia has been my home ever since. Many of my 28 years teaching were spent in second grade or third grade, but I have also enjoyed teaching fourth grade, and third and fourth grades combined. At the conclusion of the 2013-14 school year, I moved from the classroom to full time administration.
I have three children, Brenden (Concordia Lutheran School graduate-Class of 2003), Kellen (Concordia Lutheran School graduate-Class of 2007) and Shaylyn (Concordia Lutheran School graduate-Class of 2009). Seeing their faith and friendships grow at Concordia has been one of life's greatest pleasures. Their time at Concordia truly helped shape their future and develop the character and work ethic that they possess as adults. (Yes, I am a proud mom – but also recognize that their teachers were significant in contributing to the successes they enjoy today.)
My husband Norman and I enjoy country music, as well as supporting our Milwaukee Brewers, Wisconsin Badgers and Green Packers.
- Ms. Karli Luchterhand, Assistant PrincipalMy history with Concordia has been a long one. It started when I was just three years old and my dad took a call to be pastor at Holy Cross Lutheran Church. I attended Concordia starting in kindergarten (they didn’t have a preschool program back then) and was fortunate enough to have Jeannine as my third and fourth grade teacher. I graduated from Racine Lutheran High School and went on to attend the University of Wisconsin – Platteville, majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Early Childhood. During my time at Platteville, God blessed me with many opportunities to work in the classroom at Highland Elementary School. I ended up student teaching at Concordia in the fourth grade class under the direction of Mrs. Kosmala. Immediately after graduating in 2006, I took at long term substitute position at Concordia in the 7th grade classroom teaching literature and technology to the upper grades. The following fall, I long term subbed in the fifth grade classroom teaching math to the middle schoolers. Shortly following my time at Concordia, I took a position at Shepherds College as an academic advisor and instructor. Shepherds College is a post-secondary school for young adults with disabilities. As an academic advisor, I had 8-10 students on my caseload. Because students come from all over the world, they reside at the school, which means that as an advisor, I was responsible for everything from finance to hygiene to behaviors. For my five years at Shepherds, I taught a myriad of classes including math, language arts, study skills, communications, life finance, and trained for life. I believe that each student is created by God on and for a purpose with specific gifts and abilities. This means that each student is either a visual, auditory, written, or kinesthetic learner. I try to have each of those learning styles in the lessons I teach in order to maximize the amount of information a student retains. I bring all of the knowledge and passion I have for teaching to Concordia. I’m very excited to be at a school where the staff focuses on bringing the Gospel and the love of God to each student. I am proud to be a part of this fantastic team of teachers. Now for a little about me personally - I enjoy playing the piano, leading worship/directing choir, reading books by Torey Hayden, and cheering for the Packers with my family.
- Mrs. Cheryl Lynn Wilkinson - Administrative AssistantMy experience with Concordia Lutheran School goes way back into the 1970’s when I attended and graduated from this school. My two daughters both graduated from Concordia, went onto Racine Lutheran High School and are in college or graduate school. Christian Education is very important to me especially in today’s world. As an Administrative Assistant (i.e. School Secretary) I am involved in many aspects of the school. This is a great experience for me especially when it comes to interacting with the teachers, students, and parents. They all are a great source of information and a wealth of knowledge. Each day is a new adventure!! I could not do my job without each and every one of them. I look forward to coming to school to see the students learn and shine not only in their academics but also in their faith! They grow with each day through the love and guidance given by our teachers and staff. What a blessing Concordia Lutheran School is!
- Mrs. Sharon Boehme, Office AssistantInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Theresa Mierow, Preschool 3 Year Old Teacher
I began working with preschool students as an aide during the 1993-1994 school year. I enrolled in early childhood classes and received my certificate as a preschool teacher. I began teaching in January of 1994 at which time I enrolled in classes and received my certificate as a Program Director.
My husband Gordie and I have been married for 31 years. We love to camp and we spend most of our summer at our camping resort in Plymouth. I also enjoy painting ceramics and teaching country line dancing two nights a week. This is something I have been active in doing for more than twenty five years. I also spend my free time visiting shutins in nursing homes and assisted living facilities and shooting darts.
We have lived in Racine for 31 years. We are members of Living Hope Lutheran Church where I enjoy being a part of their puppet ministry and have on occasions helped serve dinners at HALO. We also support the Samaritan Purse Christmas Child Program every year through our church.
We have five children (four sons and one daughter) and ten grandchildren. My oldest son James and family live in Oshkosh. Our son Curt and family (2 children) live in Racine. Our son Clint and family (3 children) in Las Vegas, NV and our son Craig and family (1 child) live in Racine. Our daughter, Becky and granddaughter and grandson live in Racine.
- Ms. Susan Ritacco, Preschool Aide
I was born and grew up in northern Minnesota. I enjoyed snowmobiling and the many lakes. I have a very large extended family and love getting together with them for parties and camping. I worked many jobs before moving to Racine in 1979 with my 3 children. Some of those jobs were supervising outdoor skating rinks, church custodian, factory work, cooking in a drive-in, and teaching at Head Start where I earned my Early Childhood Certificate from Bemidji Sate College.
I worked for Racine Unified Schools for 28 ½ years in secretarial positions before retiring. I have raised 3 children plus 3 grandchildren (Turner is the youngest).
I say God’s plan for me is to be involved with children since I’ve been raising children for 50 years!
- Mrs. Korie Baganz- Pre-Kindergarten 4 Year Old Teacher
Since graduating from Concordia Chicago with a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Art, God has blessed me with several Calls that have provided many different opportunities serve Him while growing as an educator and continually growing in Faith over the last thirteen years. My first Call was to Trinity Lutheran School in Mequon where I taught 3rd Grade for two years. After that, I accepted a Call to a school that holds a very dear place in my heart: Concordia Lutheran School! I taught both 3rd Grade and Kindergarten here at Concordia for four years from 2006-2010. God then Called me to become the director and preschool teacher at Prince of Peace Early Childhood Center for six years from 2010-2016. God then answered my prayers and a strong desire in my heart to again be in the classroom fulltime where I could spend more time with students, more time shaping minds and teaching about Jesus. He directed me back to Concordia Lutheran School! I was absolutely thrilled!
God has also placed one other special Call on my heart as well as my husband’s: Three years ago God wonderfully placed the Call of adoption on our hearts! After a long journey, in August of 2015, we brought home our amazing son from China. We happily share our story because adoption showed us God’s Hand in this world like never before and we are eternally grateful for the way God shaped our hearts during this remarkable journey. Our son, Abel, is absolutely our greatest joy and the light of our lives!
Some of my other passions include reading, spending time outdoors, anything “artsy” or “crafty,” and I love to visit my parents who live in Minocqua, Wisconsin and get out on the lake! Spending time with my family is my favorite activity: my husband, Nathan, and I have been married for 12 years and, along with our son Abel, our other family member includes our yellow Labrador, Murray (who has been a part of our family for all 12 years!)
Christian education has been a part of my life since preschool and I am so thankful for it! I look forward to all the good things God has planned for all the children, families, and staff each and every school year.
- Mrs. Robin Ehlert-Ginder, Pre-Kindergarten AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Jackie Voss, Pre-Kindergarten AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Melissa Eberhardt, Kindergarten Teacher
Hi, my name is Melissa Eberhardt. I am a graduate of Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon with a degree in Early Childhood Education and a minor in Theater. This is my seventeenth year teaching and my fifteenth year at Concordia. I have taught Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade as well as teaching a half day 3rd grade and 5th-6th combination. I also teach technology to the first graders.
My husband Matt and I have been married for fifteen years and have two children. Logan is nine years old and is in fourth grade this year and Gabriel is seven and is in second grade this year. Matt is a web developer for a company in Waukesha. In my “spare” time, I enjoy reading and spending time outside.
- Mrs. Amy Usher, Kindergarten Aide
My name is Amy Usher. I was born and raised in Janesville WI. I have been married to my husband Kyle for 10 years in August. We have two boys, Grant (2nd grade) and Mason (K). We moved to Sturtevant about 5yrs ago.
I have worked in the child care field for about 10 years. I have also worked as a certified nursing assistant for about 3years. I became a stay at home mom after I had Mason.
This is my second year at Concordia. It's amazing to see all the personality and watching the children grow.
- Mrs. Phyllis Mortenson, 1st Grade Teacher
My name is Phyllis Mortenson. I am in my 29th year of teaching and my 24th year at Concordia. The majority of my career had been spent teaching kindergarten through second grade. This year I am again teaching First Grade.
My husband of 39 years, Jeff Mortenson, is the Pastor of Faith Lutheran Church. Our son, Andrew, is a graduate of Concordia and Racine Lutheran High. He is a financial consultant for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. He and his wife, who is also a Lutheran teacher, have two daughters and one son.
Christ was an important part of my life as I was growing up. Even when I was in grade school, I knew I wanted to be a Lutheran teacher someday. I count it a great privilege to be able to share God’s Word and my faith with my students on a daily basis. I am proud to follow in the footsteps of my step-father who was a Lutheran educator for 43 years.
I graduated from Racine Lutheran High School in 1973. I attended Concordia College in Ann Arbor, Michigan and graduated from Concordia Teachers’ College in River Forest, Illinois in 1977.
I have also taught in Lutheran schools in Palatine, Illinois and in Olivette, Missouri.
From 1983 – 1994 we served two congregations in western Missouri.
In 1994 my husband became the pastor at Faith, and I began teaching at Concordia. I am active in many areas of ministry at Faith.
I enjoy crafts, reading, hiking, traveling and spending time with my family.
I treasure the gift of Christian education. It continues to be my prayer that as many children as possible will be able to enjoy this blessing!
- Ms. Christine Ayers, 1st Grade AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Jodi Barclay, 1st Grade Aide and Before School Care
My name is Jodi Barclay and I am married to Robert Barclay and we have 4 children: Ian, Noah, Grant and Genevieve Barclay. We have all felt like a part of the “Concordia Family” for many years now. My husband and I moved to Racine back in 2000 and we immediately enrolled our oldest son, Ian, into kindergarten which was Mrs. Mortenson’s class at that time. 17 years later, our youngest child, Genevieve, has now graduated from Concordia.
The entire family has spent many hours volunteering at Concordia and we have been very involved here. Concordia has provided a great place for education and happy school memories for our children. We will always support Concordia.
We also enjoy traveling across the States visiting our extended family (none from Wisconsin) and attending Pentecost Lutheran Church where we are active members.
- Miss Melissa Leon, 2nd Grade TeacherMy name is Melissa Leon. I am entering my 6th year of teaching. Prior to coming to Concordia, I taught 2nd grade at Trinity Lutheran School in Merrill, WI and 3rd/4th grade at St. Paul's West Allis. I am very excited to be teaching 2nd grade again!
I have been blessed to attend Lutheran schools all my life. I went to grade school at Hales Corners Lutheran and then Martin Luther High School. Continuing with the Lutheran school trend, I went to Concordia University Wisconsin and graduated in 2011 with a double-major in Elementary Education and Lay Ministry/Theology.
Some of my hobbies include Taekwondo (I will be testing for my black belt in December), playing tennis, music (I play a variety of instruments including the trumpet, organ, and piano), church activities, and reading.
I count myself blessed that I have the opportunity to serve at Concordia Lutheran School and look forward to getting involved in a variety of activities and ministries. To God Be the Glory!
- Mrs. Ruth Wieland, 2nd Grade AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Rebecca Biesanz, 3rd Grade TeacherSince graduating from Concordia in Seward, Nebraska I have had opportunities to teach in large urban areas to small rural towns. Each has provided me with unique opportunities and a chance to meet some wonderful people. I have taught for Hope Lutheran School in Glendora, CA, Faith Lutheran Jr/Sr High in Las Vegas, NV, Leyton Public Schools in Gurley, Nebraska, RE-1 Valley Schools in Sterling, CO, Saluda Public Schools in Saluda, SC, and Aiken County Schools in Aiken, SC> I am excited to be returning to the LCMS schools to continue my teaching career.
My family is also excited to work and learn in a new community. My husband, David, works in the transportation industry and we have two children, Corvin and Ashley.
Although new to my family, Wisconsin is not new to me. When I was younger my family lived in Sheboygan where my father was a LCMS principal and teacher.
- Miss Kati Luchterhand, 3rd Grade Aide
Growing up, my dad was a pastor at Holy Cross and so I attended Concordia until I was in fourth grade. Knowing Christ and understanding Scripture have been a valuable and intricate part of who I am since I was very young. Concordia's purpose in "Bringing Christ and academic excellence to our students for life and forever" is a vision that resonates with me. The Gospel message is one that is not focused simply on life after death; it is a message of hope and life for the present. It is a message that offers grace to every person in any circumstance.
Just prior to starting my current job here at Concordia, I spent six months in Senegal, West Africa with a missionary couple as they began their first oversees mission assignment. I was the live in nanny for their two children while they took French lessons and began to acclimate to life in a new culture. This experience gave me a deeper understanding of myself and my priorities in life. It clarified my perspective and the values that I wish to maintain and instill in those around me. Values such as striving for a heart of compassion that reflects the heart of Christ; nurturing a sense of curiosity and creativity; learning to respond with courtesy and respect, especially when human nature defies such a response; and developing the ability to communicate thoughts and emotions with clarity.
As I begin my third year of working at Concordia, I pray that I would be able to "Preach Christ always and, if necessary, use words" (Francis of Assisi).
- Mrs. Laura Sadowski, 3rd Grade AideInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Heidi Frost, 4th Grade Teacher
Heidi has been married to her high school sweetheart, Spencer, for almost fourteen years. Her husband works on the family dairy farm in Waterford with his father and older brother. She has a thirteen-year-old son, named Gus, and her daughter, Maggie, will be ten in October. Heidi and her family are currently living in Waterford.
She was born in Racine and lived right here in Sturtevant until she was in third grade. She actually attended Concordia through second grade and was baptized at Faith Lutheran Church. When her family moved to Waterford, Heidi attended grade school at North Cape Elementary and graduated from Waterford Union High School. She went on to college at Concordia University Wisconsin and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Lutheran Elementary Education. She minored in Mathematics and Adaptive Education.
Heidi’s an active and athletic person. She played on the volleyball team at Concordia University and still plays in recreational leagues today. She also enjoys playing golf, softball, kickball, and most other sports. She loves going to Brewers’ games with her friends and family. Some of her other hobbies include shopping, bowling, and camping with friends.
Visit Heidi’s classroom at her website: www.mrsfrostsclassroom.weebly.com
- Mrs. Julie Arndt, 5th Grade Teacher
My name is Julie Arndt. I graduated from college with a Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education. This is my thirteenth year of teaching, nine of which were here at Concordia. I’ve previously also taught preschool, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I’m also a pianist and organist.
My husband of 31 years, Richard, and I have a 29 year old son, Jonathan, who attended Concordia for preschool – 3rd grade. I treasure my time with him and his wife and my grandson and granddaughter! My husband and I also enjoy relaxing on our patio, biking, fishing, reading and travel.
My hope, as I instruct children, is that they will grow in academic knowledge, and more importantly become more confident and comforted in the knowledge that God loves them and has a well-designed plan for their lives.
- Mrs. Shari Schulz, 6th Grade Teacher
Hi, my name is Shari Schulz. I am excited that the Lord has called me to Concordia. I have worked in many different Lutheran and public schools and grade levels which give me a great variety of experiences. I have taught middle school classes at two Lutheran schools in St. Louis, 4th grade at a Lutheran school in Washington State, high school in a public school in Minnesota, and 3rd/4th grade and middle school both in Lutheran schools in Wisconsin. I feel blessed to have worked with so many outstanding educators, parents, and students. I received my undergraduate degree form Concordia University, Wisconsin with an education/English major and a minor in psychology.
I have wanted to be a teacher or a librarian since I was a young girl. In elementary school I had a playroom that had a chalkboard. In this room, I would teach my family and the neighborhood children different things I had learned or read about. When I was older I helped with Sunday School and Vacation Bible School which I still do today because I enjoy them so much.
I am an avid reader and am passionate about literature of all kinds. I love learning new things and just reading to relax. It is my goal to equip my students to become lifelong learners who are confident and enthusiastic about reading, writing, and speaking. I also am privileged to share the love of Christ with my students and their families. I want my students to grow in their faith and to develop a servant’s heart.
I have been married to my husband, Jeff, for twenty-three years. We have been blessed with three children: Sarah (a freshman at the University of Minnesota), Hannah (a junior at Martin Luther High), and Noah (an 8th grader at Hales Corners Lutheran School) As a family we enjoy pizza and game night, camping, biking, boating, and attending theater performances.
- Mr. Christopher Drager, 7th Grade Teacher
My wife, Dena and I are blessed to have our daughter, Sophia as a 2012 alumna of Concordia, Dena and I served as parent volunteers and I served as the Athletic Director at Concordia through 2012. Having been active at Concordia, I am familiar with many of the staff and families as I return to Concordia as the Seventh grade and Math teacher in 2016. Stepping into the classroom feels more like coming home than it does like going to work. I look forward to equipping your children with the necessary knowledge, hard and soft skills, a love for Christ (and math) that will allow your children to be successful in high school and productive members of our community.
I graduated from Concordia University St. Paul, Minnesota with a degree in Liberal Education, a major in Family Systems Study and a certification as a Director of Christian Education. I have served at Immanuel Lutheran Church and School in St. Charles, Missouri; Zion Lutheran Church and Preschool in Kalamazoo, Michigan and Bethel Lutheran Church and School in Gurnee, Illinois. I am excited and look forward to teaching students and serving with Concordia’s staff who integrates the Gospel in all aspects of the education and development of students and families.
- Mr. Stephan Gonzales- 8th Grade Teacher & Athletic DirectorIn 2007, I graduated from Concordia University-Nebraska with a Middle School teaching degree with an emphasis in Math and Science. While I was there I played on the soccer team and enjoyed hanging out with friends. Since graduating in 2007, I have enjoyed serving the Lord and sharing the Gospel message with my students. During this time I have been a teacher, coach, athletic director, and principal at a few different schools and have had a chance to teach students starting in kindergarten all the way to eighth grade. I am excited to now join Concordia Lutheran school as the 8th grade homeroom teacher, 5-8 Science teacher, and Athletic Director.
At home, I have a wonderful wife who is also a teacher, but at the moment is staying at home to help raise our three kids. My hobbies at the moment include going on walks with the family, playing at the park, and catching up with whatever is on Netflix. I am blessed in many ways and I thank the Lord for all he has given me!
- Mrs. Becky Demuth, Physical Education Teacher
Hello, my name is Becky Demuth and I am the Physical Education Teacher here at Concordia. This will be my 5th year here at Concordia teaching the Concordia students in the gym--I love being a part of the Christian atmosphere and sharing my faith with my students while playing lots of games in the gym!!
I graduated from Racine Lutheran High school in 1983, and then I attended UW-Oshkosh and finished my teaching degree at Purdue University. I have been teaching for over 19 years and coaching for over 30+ years!
Besides teaching at Concordia, I also teach at Drought Elementary school, K-8th grade Physical Education. I am also the Varsity Volleyball and Varsity Softball Coach at Racine Lutheran High School. I am also currently the co-director of the FoxFire Volleyball Club. So I spend lots of time in a gym somewhere!!
I have been married for 32 years to my husband, Rob, and have three grownup children, Amber (28), Tim (26), and Ty (24). My daughter, Amber, is a pharmacist and is married to Andy Schalk living in Lansing, MI . My son, Tim, is a Thrivent Financial Consultant here in Racine, and Ty works for Speciality Underwriters in Oak Creek in the Business Department. All of us attended and graduated from Racine Lutheran High School. I live on the other side the "I" in the country in the town of Raymond. So I put a lot of miles on my car--hardest part is for me to remember which school I am going to and where I parked my car at the school. 🙂
I do enjoy watching sports, spending time with my family & friends, and photography! I feel blessed to be a part of the Concordia Family!!
- Mrs. Tammy Myers- Speech Language PathologistInformation coming soon!
- Ms. Shannon Lee, Special Education Resource TeacherInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Bridget Maricque- Before School CareInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Shanna Lopez- Afternoon CareInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Crystal Barron- After School CareInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Sharon Joyce- After School CareI taught Sunday School for 6 years. I started working for Racine Unified at Garfield Early Childhood for 2 years as a Special Education assistant. After that at I was also at Schulte Elementary working in the Title 1 Program for 7 years. I made my way back to Special Ed. L.D. for 7 more years. When students were assigned to regular classrooms I worked with them there but also went wherever I was needed. I did many different jobs but enjoyed them all! Well... not so much wearing the secretary hat! I retired from R.U.S.D. last December after 24 years. Speaking of Concordia… what a blessing that children can be taught in school the love of Jesus. I did miss the children, here I am!
- Mrs. Jennifer Lyons- Lunch ServiceInformation coming soon!
- Mrs. Kerri Riker, Lunch ServiceInformation coming soon!
Do you want to enroll your child in the best private school in Sturtevant, WI? Look no further than Concordia Lutheran School. Call us to learn more about our academic programs.